It's Like Whatever

The weird ramblings and random streams of consciousness of a sometimes lucid woman.

Friday, June 18, 2004

The Camera's In The Mail

Well, well, well . . . here I sit, happy as a clam (how do you really know if clams are happy? ESP? Do you "talk with the clamimals?"). Anyway, after another long night of eBay hell I have decided to give up on the bidding crap and just "buy now". I found the camera I wanted with a lithium battery charger kit and a tiny little memory card. The little package is enough to make Dimples a happy camper. The seller of the camera lives in Seattle, which is close enough for my comfort zone. I feel safety in their nearness. The war is over. There were no casualties. Life can return to normal. Now I can clean my house with abandon and in the evening have an actual conversation with my darling hubby, Chip.

My best friend, Sista had a good point about the camera. Will I let Dimples use it? Hmmmm . . . the girl's got a point. Knowing that she may have a valid concern I have had a liitle talk with me and we have decided to just be cool. If the thing drops, falls in a puddle of mud, gets backed over by the car (like my dust buster did) then I will say nothing. In the event that any of these things happen I will go directly into the bathroom, shut the door and scream into a towel (so as not to be perceived as freaking out). Then I will return, offer sympathy and help and try to make everything okay. End of story. My theory is that if I worry about it, what I fear the most will probably happen. If I don't worry about it the "perfect" camera will work until Dimples is 104 years old.

I'm just happy that it's a done deal.

Say Cheese!

2 Comments:

At June 18, 2004 at 5:32 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Yippee, that is awesome! He's going to love it. You are going to secure your place as coolest.mom.ever. Love ya!

 
At June 24, 2004 at 7:03 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

Hi Roxie. I'm a friend of Heather's. Awesome deal for your son on the camera! Glad you were able to find what you knew he'd want. It's all any of us want for our kids, eh? Smiles and satisfaction with life.
Your blog is a crack up, BTW.
Kerri

 

Post a Comment

<< Home